Graduate Faculty Advisor, Ethnology
- Language and Culture (ANTH 310)
- Principles of Cultural Anthropology (ANTH 330)
- Proseminar in Linguistic Anthropology (ANTH 510)
- Topics in Ethnology: Language, Ethnicity, and History (ANTH 530)
- Topics in Ethnology: Semiotics of "Ethnohistory" (ANTH 530)
- Topics in Ethnology: Ethnography of Speaking of Native North America (ANTH 530)
- Topics in Ethnology: Anthropology of Discourse (ANTH 530)
- Theory in Ethnology I (ANTH 546)
University of Chicago, Anthropology, MA 1987, PhD 1996
Dissertation: “Reserve Memories: A Study of Historical Consciousness on the Nemiah Valley Indian Reservation”
D Dinwoodie, 2003. William Morgan (1917-2001): Navajo Linguist. Anthropological Linguistics 45: 427-449.
D Dinwoodie, 2002. Reserve Memories: The Power of the Past in a Chilcotin Community. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, NE. pp. 120.
D Dinwoodie, 1999. Textuality and the ‘Voices’ of Informants: The Case of Edward Sapir’s 1929 Navajo Field School. Anthropological Linguistics 41: 165-192.
D Dinwoodie, 1998. Authorizing Voices: Going Public in an Indigenous Language. Cultural Anthropology 13: 193-223.