- Cultures of the World (ANTH 130)
- Indigenous Peoples of South America (ANTH 332/532)
- Ritual and Symbolic Behavior (ANTH 333/530)
- Theory of Symbolic Action (ANTH 536)
- Life History Methods and Approaches (ANTH 540)
- Theory in Ethnology II (ANTH 547)
Dissertation: “The Power of Experience: Agency and Identity in Kayabi Healing and Political Process in the Xingu Indigenous Park”
S Oakdale, 2005. Forgetting the Dead, Remembering Enemies. In GFM Rakita, JE Buikstra, LA Beck and SR Williams, eds., Interacting with the Dead: Perspectives on Mortuary Archaeology for the New Millennium. University Press of Florida: Gainesville, FL. pp. 107-23.
S Oakdale, 2005. “I Foresee My Life”: The Ritual Performance of Autobiography in an Amazonian Community. University of Nebraska Press: Lincoln, NE.
S Oakdale, 2004. The Culture-Conscious Brazilian Indian. American Ethnologist 31: 60-75.
S Oakdale, 2002. Creating a Continuity between Self and Other: First-Person Narration in an Amazonian Ritual Context. Ethos 30: 158-75.
S Oakdale, 2001. History and Forgetting in an Indigenous Amazonian Community. Ethnohistory 47: 381-401