The Anthropology Pre-Major
Students start as a pre-Anthropology major. They advance to the major after completing the following lower division and general requirements. The pre-anthropology requirements are the same for all concentrations and B.A./B.S. degrees. Moreover, the first four requirements also count towards fulfilling the College of Arts and Sciences general education requirements.
- English 1120 (Composition II)
- An additional Writing & Speaking Course from the general education menu.
- One Mathematics or Statistics Course from the general education menu.
- One Non-English Language Course from the general education menu.
- One Anthropology Course from the list below:
- ANTH 1115 (Introduction to Anthropology)
- ANTH 1155 (Introduction to Linguistic Anthropology)
- ANTH 1211 & 1211L (Archaeological Method and Theory and Lab)
- ANTH 1140 (Introduction to Cultural Anthropology)
- ANTH 1135 (Introduction to Biological Anthropology)
- ANTH 2175 (World Archaeology)
- A minimum of 26 credit hours completed